I think they always said that we could make anything we wanted… but is it possible to make a living making furniture? I would say it is possible but I think this could be an uphill battle. If you want to be a woodworker, you could certainly do that. If you want to make furniture to help pay the bills, it might do you the same.
Do you have any advice for others in the industry?
If you see something you’d like to do, or feel that you could do something in woodworking, go get your equipment and see if there is a good opportunity for you. Just be honest with yourself and your clients; try to find places where you feel you would be comfortable and where you could make some good money. A lot of guys start making furniture for the sake of making it, and that leads to bad results. You know how people are. If you know a place where you can do some good, come work with them and let your vision of Woodshop® become a reality.
Where can I purchase Woodshop® products?
My website www.woodshop.com
More About the Woodshop® Team
I was a woodworker for 20 years, first as a hobbyist/hand-built woodworking project and then building my business. I have been making woodworking equipment for the last 25 years. I built my own factory in 1980 (when I was 16 years old). I have been a member of National Woodworking, Inc. (National Woodworking is the association of woodworkers) since 1997 and have been a member since 2005. I am a national leader in training and certifying craftsmen in the art, science and business of woodworking.
If you are a business owner and want to build your business on woodworking knowledge, please contact me. I am open to assisting you with any of the following:
– building new facilities to get you started in building your business
– creating a business plan for your store opening
– creating brochure and press material for your business
– building a website
– building a mailing list
– hiring a salesman for your store
– helping you design, build and produce some inventory items for your store
– teaching you how to use a machine
– providing your employees with instruction, tools, and experience
– helping you with marketing and advertising your business
– working with a manufacturer to help you understand the various pieces
good names for a woodworking business, how to start a successful woodworking business, woodworking businesses for sale, woodworking business for sale wisconsin by owner, woodworking shops going out of business