This is a hard question to answer (and some artists make quite a good living, even though they’re using Photoshop every day). It is widely believed that Photoshop artists make somewhere between $40 and $100,000 per year. For comparison, a well-known commercial photographer will make over $100,000 before taxes. For non-commercial photographers that salary is not quite so high. In 2009, a high-end digital production company called GIMP was valued at $400,000 for its software.
Now, what does all this stuff mean for your life and career? Well, if you do not pay attention to your freelance income at first, the next time it doesn’t go up that fast, it may not come for a while.
If you are really into photography and you’re not sure what to expect from your freelance income (and the more you don’t know, the bigger the chance you will not make much), here are some tips you can use:
1. Get a steady source of income – the first thing you need to do is make a source of income – which will depend on your creativity. The first step is to discover a reliable source for income.
2. Choose your clients wisely – if you know for a fact that you are working with a very well-known commercial photographer, then this is probably a good time to choose a client that you think can be trusted. If you get a very good result with another well-known commercial photographer on another project, do some research on them to make sure that you won’t need too many fees.
3. Set aside some money for emergencies – if you work full-time you probably don’t have a lot of time, so if something unexpected happens, you will need money to cover that.
4. Make sure that you are using your software correctly – if you use Photoshop CC to do a lot of photography, then it’s a good idea to use that in your freelance workflow. You can also use other photo management tools (like Photomatix or PhotoShop Pro, for example).
5. Learn how to create your own images – many photographers prefer to use Photoshop CC, but many people have been successful working with other software (Photoshop or InDesign or Photoshop Elements or any other image software).
6. Don’t be afraid of “losing money” – if you have been working full-time, this is not going to feel that big of a deal. If
do videos make money, best app to watch videos for money, how make money on youtube videos, website to upload photos and make money, how you make money on youtube videos