1. The cost of the instrument is just too high. The average viola sold at an auction is around $400,000; a $2,000 violin, for example, is considered a luxury item. This money can help pay off student loans and buy new equipment over the years. And while the average price of a violin is much lower than the cost of a $6,000 Rolex or a $4,000 Tiffany, you still may be paying an expensive price for a violin.
2. It requires expertise, practice and knowledge to play well – you must master every note and nuance to be able to play a good violin. The violin doesn’t come cheap.
3. There are many ways you can spend money on the violin. Most manufacturers charge anywhere from $6,000 to $15,000 for a violin that plays well. These high prices for quality instruments are not something to scoff at, but it can be tough to find good deals when you’re looking for a budget performer.
4. The instrument itself (the wood) can be expensive. If you want a good quality violin with wood and no lacquer it can cost up to $60,000. For this price, you need to see the wood being processed and where it comes from.
5. The cost of a nice violin can be huge. A new violin can cost anywhere between $30,000 to $120,000. This is not a budget instrument at all.
6. The average violinist might think it’s great to have a great violin that’s as good as it gets, but there’s a lot less excitement from the actual playing, as it’s a laborious task with a lot of practice.
7. It requires patience. Learning from an instrument teacher and paying to see a professional might not be worth it to a lot of people.
8. It takes time. Playing a violin for the first time should be considered a “life skill,” and it takes a long time.
9. The violin itself takes years to repair. If something breaks in the violin it could take years to replace it.
10. Playing a great violin can be expensive. An average violin can cost anywhere between $30,000 to $120,000. It might take $1,000 to $2,000 to repair a piece, and that’s only a small portion of the overall cost.
So here is what we can all do. If
suzuki violin timeline, can i learn to play the violin on my own, violin lessons for beginners, how to play violin notes, how to play violin chords